Saturday 1 July 2017

JULY Counterfeit kit


The July kit is based on Walden Pond by Cocoa Daisy.
https://www.cocoadaisy.com/product/walden-pond-2016-scrapbook-kit/



That is one bright kit!
I've gone more subdued and tried to match the designs on the papers, instead of the colours.
(photo taken mid winter on a cloudy day)


Using papers I have already:-
Starting top left:
  • I left out the first paper
  • Big circles paper I used October Afternoon 5 and Dime Root beer barrels Image result for October Afternoon 5 and dime
  • The yellow dotted paper I used the reverse sheet which is beige with white dots.
  • The floral pink paper I used October afternoon Five and dime Butterscotch Image result for October Afternoon 5 and dime
  • A sky blue and white pinstriped paper
  • An aqua and pale yellow striped paper
  • The splodges paper I went rebel and used a figured paper instead October Afternoon 5 dime Circus peanuts
  •  Image result for October Afternoon 5 and dime circus peanuts
  • I also used Fancy Pants Half bracket Red/Green  
  •  Image result for Fancy Pants Half bracket red/green
  •  The diagonal paper I used  one I had which features red, pink, blue and yellow striped diagonal lines.

For my cardstock I used lime, yellow and white.

My alphas are yellow, green,orange and a set of Wild Asparagus Vintage letters from MME
Image result for Wild ASparagus Vintage letters MME

Embellishments
I was able to find Several shaped stamps from Kaisercraft which I will use.
Add to that pink/red buttons, bird stickers, mini houses, a yellow feather, pink & white twine plus green & white twine and 2 lots of washi tape.
 There are also tags saying "oh snap", "take note" Let's eat cake", plus round ones and because there were goldfish in one of the smaller add on kits I've added these chipboard fish.





Now here's the order of the blog hop.You should have come here from Megan
 

 


Guest Designer - Megan Blethen - http://www.craftymeggy.com/

Julene - http://julenebydesign.blogspot.au (you are here)

Kelly - http://www.honeysucklehillcrafts.com/ (go here next)



 

 

8 comments:

LCSmithSAVED said...

Finally getting to the hop! Love your vintage papers, stamp set, chippie accents & bits & bobs :D

kate blue said...

great idea to use patterns-great kit! I so loved all that OA, wish I had hoarded more of it!

Kelly Sroka said...

Love your take on the kit--fabulous selection of papers!

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute take on the kit :) Love your choices :)

Margie said...

Lovely kit- those 5&Dime papers are some of my favorites! Love this!

Susan said...

October Afternoon - I have so much of their stuff and need to remember to get using it. I like how you concentrated less on matching the colors and more on matching the designs and patterns - great way to approach kit-making!

Lisa said...

What a clever idea to just concentrate on the patterns of the papers if the colours are too bright for you - good advice. And all that lovely OA stuff - sigh! I have many of the same papers in my collection - I ought to fish them out. Nice kit Julene!

Susanne said...

Lots of good stuff - OA does colorful in a subdued way that cannot be beat. Enjoy.